Dynamic facilitator, trainer-of-trainers, and curriculum developer in education, technology, and business/NGO marketing with experience (domestic and abroad) creating stimulating and interactive learning experiences for learners of all levels/ages by tailoring curriculum to learners’ needs through use of formal/traditional teaching methodologies alongside non-formal engaged learning techniques.
- Led client meetings as part of project planning and design.
- Facilitated one-on-one and group sessions for university faculty and students to orient them to hardware and software used to produce multimedia presentations, lessons, and projects.
- Presented to staff through formal and informal sessions on device trends, capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses as part of strategy planning.
- Presented at countywide teacher meetings on non-formal teaching techniques, using multimedia in the classroom, and classroom management in Romanian and English.
- Led training-of-trainers sessions on HTML, CSS, WordPress/Blogging, and Powerpoint for library advocacy and agency/NGO promotion using internet technologies in Romanian and English.
- Developed a curriculum used by county and local libraries throughout Romania to teach Web Design/Development technologies to staff and library patrons.
- Created lesson plans for TEFL classes for adults and youth that produced a marked increase in English proficiency, particularly in conversational English.
- Developed materials for new hire training that reduced training time by 33%.
- Designed training materials for software and equipment for staff, faculty and patrons at a large university.
- Designed user interfaces for corporate intranet sites.
- Project lead and designer for Peace Corps Romania website.
- Produced print and email collateral templates for business partner use.
- Designed the logo used by the Romanian office for the Peace Corps 50th anniversary.
- Curriculum Designer/Trainer/TEFL Instructor, Peace Corps, Romania | 2009 – Present
- Web Developer, MarketSource/IBM, RTP, NC | 2006 – 2009
- Technical Support/Product Specialist, MercuryMD, RTP, NC | 2004 – 2005
- Lab Assistant, NCSU Digital Media Lab,Raleigh,NC | 2003 – 2004
- Customer Service Representative, Sports Endeavors, Hillsborough, NC | 2003 – 2004
- PowerPoint/Web Consultant, NCSU Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning | 2003 – 2004
- Web Designer, RTCi, Cary, NC | 2000 – 2002
- Customer Service Engineer, Interpath, Morrisville, NC | 1999 – 2000
- Customer Engineer/Hardware Repair Technician, ARC/Hewlett-Packard, Cary, NC | 1997 – 1999
- Technical Support Representative, CDI/IBM, RTP, NC | 1995 – 1996
- B.S., Business Administration (Marketing) – North Carolina State University. Raleigh, NC
- Instructional/E-Learning Systems
- Interactive Learning Methodologies
- Curriculum Evaluation and Design
- Classroom Management
- Team Teaching/Mentoring
- Presentation Development and Delivery
- Adult Learning Strategies
- Staff and End-User Training
- Multimedia Instruction
- Computer Training
- WordPress Administration/CMS
- Graphic Design
- Windows/OS X
- Adobe Creative Suite
- IT/Web Content
- Romanian Language Proficiency
- Cross-Cultural Communication